Sunday, August 10, 2008

10 years later.

Jeg kunne godt tænke mig at vide hvad i mener denne historie handler om, hvem er manden, hvem er kvinden, og hvad er der sket de sidste 10 år?

10 years later.
The sun was slowly setting as a lone man appeared, he was walking down the small road of dust that lead to her house. He was walking slowly and those who saw him did not doubt that this was a man who had walked for many months, his feet was bare and his clothe was torn, he wore a small bag on his back and a single sword by his side. He looked older than he was, about 50 was what people would have guessed had they been pressed, but he was never more the 40. He didn’t look around him as he walked down the road, he looked straight ahead as if the mere mortals in the rice fields were of no concern to him. He had a distant look upon his face as if he was about to end a long journey into the unknown. He stopped as he reached her house, just stood there looking at the little house by the dusty road. He could hear the sound of children laughing in the house. He smiled by himself as he knocked on the door.
He could hear the footsteps before the door opened, she stood in the doorway holding a small child on one arm and a tiny glass bottle in the other. She looked at him curiously as if she was trying to place him in a string of memories. The bottle broke on the floor as she stumbled backwards as if hit in the face. He looked at her with a sad smile upon his face as she stood there staring at him with terror in her eyes.
“You..?” she gasped pointing at him “Now?” Even scared and confused she looked pretty, just as the first time he had seen her, 10 years ago on this day.
“I told you to settle down…” the man began in a voice that was weak due to lack of use. “I told you to wait for my return, I told you to move on and I told you that you would cry the day returned.” He looked at her terrified face with a small smile as he continued: ”I told you it would take years, I told you it would make you miserable, I told you to think hard before acting. You told me to mind my own, you told me to do as told, you told me to do the deed.” He pulled his sword from its shed and held it high. “I told you you would feel nothing but regret, I told you that I would do as told. I tell you it’s been 10 years, I tell you it is done, I tell you I am ended.” He placed the sword at her feet and drew his last breath, leaving her crying with a crying baby.

No comments: