Wednesday, October 08, 2008

My ex is getting help from a psychiatrist.

So I had a long talk with one of my female friends yesterday, more precisely the friend that first introduced me to my Ex. So we talked a bit about whatever and the subject fell on my ex.
I brought it up because I felt really bad about the way I left her, so I asked how she was doing and got the bad news. Apparently Kristina (as my ex is called) left the school to go into treatment with a psychiatrist because she was having suicide thoughts. Now if I was feeling down already my mood hit rock bottom with that piece of information. So that sucked!

I got the full story after that though and that did improve my spirit. Apparently Kristina had had a huge depression even before I met her, and I can’t say I was that surprised about the news. She had always seemed very weak and insecure, this just confirmed what I was already suspecting. ‘she had gotten over me pretty quickly and I was happy to hear that, Johanne (the friend) sent her a little piece of text I wrote after the breakup and apparently it helped her get over it.
She did however fall back into her old depression, and it peaked when the class went on a class trip to Barcelona a few weeks back. Kristina had told her friends (including Johanne) that they had to stop her if she tried to commit suicide while they were down there. I cant imagine how big a pressure they put on her with that request. I thought it was a big responsibility when I first met Johanne and she told me that she had epilepsy, but this is so much bigger and I can’t imagine how strong Johanne and the other friends must have been to endure such a responsibility. Luckily they never had to take action, and Kristina was pulled out of the schools soon after they returned to Denmark. I just really hope that Kristina is getting some professional help now so she can return to her normal life.

1 comment:

Gustav Dahl said...

Lyder ikke rart :\