Friday, August 10, 2007

Who are you to say I am evil?

Ny eng novelle den her er jeg også ret glad for.

Who are you to say I am evil?
I know that I have done ‘evil’ deeds but I ask you, are the deeds I have done really evil?
I Make nightmares, that is my job, I scare people when they sleep; I make them wish that they had never lived.
The land of nightmares is the most hated land of the dream world; they say it is an evil place.
But I ask them: Why is it evil? Why is it more evil to show the world bad things than to make them think that the world is a paradise?
I ask them: Why should I show them a world of happiness that does not exist? Why must you say that I am evil?
I know that I am not a good person either, after all my job does not make me a good guy.
I make people mad, I make people sad.
I make people fearful. I make people tearful.
For that is my job, but I only enhance what you already fear, I never bring new fears to the table.
If your fear is of heights I put you on a skyscraper, if your fear is of snakes I introduce you to the king of snakes.
If you fear loneliness above all else then you will not like what I do to you.
I put you in a dark cathedral with nothing to keep you company but a dying torch, illuminating only a tiny area around you.
You will call out: “hallo? Is anyone here?” but the only answer you will get is the twisted answer of your own echoing words.
And then your torch dies and the darkness and silence drives you mad, you start hearing things that isn’t there.
Footsteps in the distant, whispering voices, a person hiding in the shadows, all images of your mind that drives you mad.
For those few hours you are in my kingdom, you become insane with fear.
But those few hours is all it lasts, after that your lives return to normal as you leave the realm of the sleeping.
But who are humans to say I am evil? My rein of terror lasts mere hours, while you have done damaged that will exist for thousands of years.
Your wars have ravaged the lands and your greed has stolen from the earth itself.
The rein of Men is far worse than the rein for nightmares.
Your rein that has existed for a few thousand years is finally coming to an end.
You created the two catastrophes that will end it all, you should have known better than to let the two bringers of destruction to grow to the size they have now, for now there is no stopping those who will end the world of men.
The name of the two most destructive beings will have their name all over the world, you know this, you should have seen this, it is all your own work.
You know whom I speak of you bred those beast, now hear there name and tremble.
Mary-Kate and Ashley.
Who are you to say I am evil?

No comments: